Monday, August 15, 2016

Life As Is...

My house is a semi mess: The mountain of clothes on the couch are clean, the kitchen table is covered not in food- because there is no room to eat there- but in posters, yarn and hot glue as I prepare for the new school year. My hair hasn't been cut professionally since I was in my 20's and my kids think the floor is one big toy box. My life isn't glamorous by any means. At any given time of day you can find spit up on my shoulder or baby food in my hair. I am a home school mom of three and my life centers around them.
My patience is challenged everyday and I am constantly having to find ways to put my children first without totally neglecting myself and my house!:) :)  My life is imperfectly perfect. My children are pure perfection loud, demanding, messy and all. My life is a mess and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have learned that perfection is in the eye of the beholder. I am not a perfectionist. I learned at an early age I was driving myself crazy trying to be. I realized I could succeed even if things weren't picture perfect. Life is perfect because of the imperfections. It's when things don't go as planned we learn, it is when we make mistakes we grow, it is when the unexpected happen that memories are made. Life isn't about striving to be perfect it is about striving to living and accepting it just the way it is, imperfections and all and thanking the good Lord along the way. Life is a gift, not a check list. And success is measured in true happiness not dollars or things. I am in love with my life and can honestly say I am where I am supposed to be. Whether it looks perfect or not doesn't determine if it is perfect or not. To me it is and that is all that matters!




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more of your blogs!!
    You are right, "perfection is in the eye of the beholder"!!

    ReplyDelete