Thursday, October 27, 2016

Making Friends is Fun to Do

Last week was a crazy, busy week! We had a field trip, hosted a birthday party and had my in laws in for the weekend. What a super fun time we have been having this fall as we are checking things off of our bucket list!

Last Thursday we went to Conner's A-Maize-ing Acres. This is my all time favorite trip of the year. There is so much to do who there that the kids leave exhausted every time! ( mission accomplished!) From hay rides to a corn maze to all sorts of fun activities like climbing up huge haystacks and jumping off, racing in pedal carts, feeding animals and so much more!



My favorite thing about this year is that we were there with our group of friends. If you are new to home schooling I just want to encourage you that it can take time to find the right group for you and your kids. Sometimes you'll like the parents and your kids won't get along or vice versa. You may change groups over the years and try out different things to find what works for you. And at first it can be really hard, lonely at times even. You just can't give up and you must rely and trust God to lead you to the right people. I've been praying for years.



 And God has been faithful to answer my prayers. I've been praying for spirit filled relationships for both myself and my children. It has taken a few years but that's because good relationships take time, investment and courage.

As home school parents we are responsible to create opportunities for our children to play and get to know other children while giving us moms a chance to get know one another as well.  A great way to do this is create a park day.  Last year we met on Thursdays around 11.




Park days have been vital for my children and I in creating these relationships. We were committed to going as best as we could.  And the commitment has paid off.

Where a year ago I was praying for friends now I am praising God thankful for the wonderful group of friends He has blessed us with.



To watch my son run around with his friends brings a smile to my face.  Having a group of friends who want celebrate my daughter's third birthday brings tears to my eyes. It's such a blessing to not only share this journey with my children but to be able to share and grow with our friends makes it a dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment